Who should attend: Both parents, from 20 weeks through to the Birth. The sessions are for both parents.
Duration: 3-week programme delivered in 3 x 2hr sessions
The Birth Preparation Sessions have a capacity of 6 couples to ensure a personal service.
The ultimate package in antenatal preparation for your BirthDay. All parents-to-be who attend this programme will leave with a thorough understanding of the birthing process. As professional midwives with a wealth of experience of looking after hundreds of women, we know how important it is for you to have a calm, reassuring and supportive birth partner. Yet many partners can feel unsure or anxious about how best to do this. These sessions have been designed to ensure birth partners get clear and straight forward guidance too!
You will learn in a relaxed environment using fun but informative visual aids including baby Pippa and her knitted placenta as well as balloons to demonstrate how a cervix changes through birthing …and much more!
This course will also help you navigate the sometimes overwhelming information and options available in maternity care, ensuring you get accurate and helpful advice. We will provide comprehensive information about how to look after yourself mentally and physically during the final stages of your pregnancy and getting ready for the birth including:
- Packing your hospital bag for Mum, birthing partner and baby
- Discovering how your body works in labour
- Perineal massage
- How babies are birthed – including water births, assisted births and caesarian section
- Signs of labour
- When to call the Midwife
- Writing your birthplan
- Optimal positioning for birthing
- Skills to help you with the latent and early stages of labour
- Deep relaxation and breathing techniques to ensure you remain calm and relaxed throughout your labour and birth
- How induction of labour works
- Pain relief options for labour including tens, using the birthing ball, water, entonox, moving for birth, pain relief injections and epidural anaesthesia
- Medical interventions
- Perineal repair
- How to create a positive birth environment in the hospital setting
- Role and top tips for birthing partners
We conclude this exciting course with the birth of your baby and what to expect in the Golden Hour following birth.
Exclusive offers: When you book this course, award-winning maternity and baby photographer, Claire Butler will give 50% off the session fee when you book your newborn photography session with her and an enlarged print.
Discount on BellaMoon products will be provided on purchase of this course via access to BirthDays’ Members Area.