Who should attend: Both parents, from 20 weeks through to the Birth. The sessions are for both parents.
Duration: Delivered in 3 x 2hr sessions
The BirthDays Birth Prep course covers everything you need to know about pregnancy, birth and the early days. It will help you navigate the overwhelming information and options available in maternity care, ensuring you get accurate and useful advice.
The course will provide comprehensive information about how to look after yourself mentally and physically. Topics covered include the below:
- The importance of physical and mental health during pregnancy
- How to create a positive birthing room
- How the uterus works
- Movement for active birth
- Optimal fetal positioning
- Writing your birth preferences
- Using a birthing/peanut ball
- Everything you need to know about birthing hormones
- How your body works in labour
- Rebozo techniques
- Signs of labour and when to call a midwife
- Skills to manage early labour
- Packing your bag for birth
- The birth partner’s role
- Pain relief options for birth
- How induction works
- Medical interventions
- Perineal massage and repair
- How babies are birthed including water births, assisted births and Caesarean section births
- The golden hour and bonding with your baby
- Self-care in the early days
- Caring for your baby including cord care, feeding and bathing
- The role of the community midwife
On completion of the course you will have a wealth of knowledge to bring with you to your baby’s birth and beyond. With this education comes understanding and confidence which empowers you to be in control.
As practicing Midwives, we have a wealth of experience looking after Mums-to-be and new Mums. We know how vital it is to be prepared so you can make informed decisions relating to your pregnancy and birth.
Exclusive offers: When you book this course, award-winning maternity and baby photographer, Claire Butler will give 50% off the session fee when you book your newborn photography session with her and an enlarged print.
Discount on BellaMoon products will be provided on purchase of this course via access to BirthDays’ Members Area.
Please email us on email@example.com to arrange your sessions.