Who should attend: Both parents from 20 weeks on
Duration: 3-week programme delivered in 3 x 2hr sessions
The hypnobirthing sessions have a capacity of 6 couples to ensure a personal service.
A gap of at least 4-5 weeks between the course and your due date is advisable to fit in as much practice as possible
Hypnobirthing is as much as a philosophy as it is a technique. It is a rewarding, relaxing, stress-free method of birthing that is based on the belief that all babies should come into the world in an atmosphere of gentility, calm and joy. When a mother is properly prepared for birthing physically and mentally, she can experience that sort of joy, birthing her baby in an easier, more comfortable way. Through BirthDays hypnobirthing programme of deep relaxation, special breathing techniques, visualisation, affirmations, and education, hypnobirthing returns to a woman the art of birthing in a way that allows her to summon her natural birthing instincts and to birth her baby in safety and with ease.
Hypnobirthing is based on the belief that severe discomfort does not need to be a natural accompaniment of birthing when a woman is properly prepared and trusts her birthing body
Who is Hypnobirthing for?
Hypnobirthing is suitable for anyone who is interested in learning these techniques from first-time mums, to those who have had previous birth experiences. Hypnobirth is for all births.
The Hypnobirthing Advantage:
- Reduces the fear-tension-pain cycle before, during and after birthing
- Reduces, and often eliminates, the need for chemical analgesia and can be used to enhance the positive experience of any birth
- Increased chance of a normal birth
- Lessens fatigue during labour
- Can shorten labour
- Brings the mother, and the baby, and the birthing companion together in a wonderful antenatal, birth, and postnatal bonding experience
- The birth companion is an integral part of the birthing and has a definitive role
You will learn about:
- Everything you need to know to achieve a more comfortable birth
- Preparing your body for healthy birthing
- Birth simply explained
- How the uterus works
- Hormones and their effect on you r labour and birth
- Techniques for deep relaxation for any birth
- The negative and positive effects of the birth environment
- Birth partners deserve support too -there is a specific role for them. All our top tips for your toolbox
- Moving for birth, birth positions, using the birthing ball, optimal fetal positioning and Rebozo techniques
- Massage techniques
- Birth options and preferences
- Bonding with your baby
Exclusive offers: When you book this course, award-winning maternity and baby photographer, Claire Butler will give 50% off the session fee when you book your newborn photography session with her and an enlarged print.
Discount on BellaMoon products will be provided on purchase of this course via access to BirthDays’ Members Area.